....... an exquisite boutique for that something special


Saturday, August 18, 2012

Crochet, Crochet and some sewing

Here is my latest crochet creation in the making.
The teacosy is done in a chunky wool. The flowers are so simple and look so effective on the top. When I have finished I will post a photo of it.

Also,
I saw on Pinterest  I saw this cute crochet Fusion Crochet Blanket Sew Along. I was very inspired to have a go at making one. I posted it on Facebook and Cat from Catalina's Cottage suggested that we do a sew along together. 
So we got sewing and crocheting.

I chose Tilda Flowergarden fabrics combined with a lovely soft baby double knit wool.
I am so enjoying making this blanket.

On the other side of the blanket I am using Flower Sugar by Leicen. so my blanket will be reversable.

Im hoping to have this finished very soon.

and I also had a sewing class to teach today. My daughter and two of her friends wanted to learn to sew.
They chose to make a skirt.
They made a fantastic job.

We had a heap of fun and they finished their skirts in a day.

We are now looking forward to doing this again   :-)

I hope you are having a great weekend







5 comments:

sunny said...

Lovely projects! I've always wondered how the crochet edging was attached to fabric. Will there be a tutorial on that coming soon??? Your crochet roses are beautiful. I'll be watching to see that completed project, too.

Michelle said...

Those roses look really sweet... and easy you say??? The blanket is going to be gorgeous when you've finished, I think you've chosen the perfect fabrics.

Wendy said...

The roses do look sweet and your crochet fabric blanket is looking very beautiful. Sounds like the sewing class went well.

Wendy said...

Love your fusion blanket, so pretty. You guys should drop in on the flickr site for this crochet along also. We are having a lot of fun.

Martha said...

Where can I find your pattern? I love the Tilda dolls and am looking forward to starting one.
martha0071@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...