....... an exquisite boutique for that something special


Monday, July 14, 2014

Crochet for Cancer


I was recently in a Hospice shop (in New Zealand Hospice helps those that are suffering from terminal cancer and their families). With my dad passing away 3 months ago and having numerous people in my life over recent years that have passed away from cancer or at present suffering with it, I have taken an interest in how I can support Hospice (this is not a funded place here in New Zealand)

I follow Crochet for Cancer on Facebook. Last week I asked if I could join the Hospice Craft Group so I could use my talent to make and donate goods to raise money for Hospice.  I start attending next week.  I am looking forward to making and creating for a very good cause.

I came across this site today with free Chemo Cap patterns I thought I would share.

I wondered if some of you would consider making a chemo cap to donate to Hospice for a child or an adult. 

Here is the link to donate in the USA  Click HERE

If you are in New Zealand can you email me on lydiastreasures@gmail.com and I can organise you to post it to me so I can pass donations on.

Click HERE to read more about Hospice New Zealand... it cost $99 million last year to fund Hospice, which is a free service and it is NOT funded by our government.

For the free patterns from Crochet for Cancer






Hat Size Link

Learn to Crochet

If you would rather make something else that is fine too... just a little something to help goes along way.

Blessings to you






2 comments:

Leonie said...

Such a lovely thing to do Lisa - count me in though it will take a few weeks for me to get there xx

Cat said...

There are so many great charities worthwhile of our support out there and I truly believe hospice is one of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...