....... an exquisite boutique for that something special


Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cupcake Frenzy

 Ive been baking cupcakes.
I love creating these little morsels of prettiness

The rolled roses are so simple. Written instructions below
I made these specially for my little man for school lunches.

They were a slight disaster as the icing went abit strange on me... but Im sure you get the idea of what I was trying to acheive.



Rolled Rose instructions:
Use a small amount of gum paste or fondant.

Roll out a small ball of fondant approx 1 in deep and about 3 in long... so it is a long narrow strip.
Roll from one end making sure that the petals dont stick together.. there has to be a gap so it looks llike a rose, as shown in the picture below.


Cut the bottom so rose is the desired size and pop it into the icing on the cupcake.

For the little leaf I used a tiny ball of fondant or gumpaste.
I moulded it in my hand with my finger to create a teardrop shape. I then pinched it a little at the round end  that is how to make a leaf.




5 comments:

Leeanne said...

Woohoo......I wish you made my lunches each day!What fun for your kids opening their lunch boxes.

Indigo Blue said...

These are lovely. I bet your son's friends are going to wish you made their up their lunch boxes!

Unknown said...

Your cupcakes look truly delicious, rolled roses are one of my favourite decorations for cupcakes. I would love one of these in my lunch box.

Leonie said...

Looks like you are having great fun with your cupcakes creations! they look delish regardless of the icing issues x

rosy123 said...

Très bon article, comme toujours. Il a le mérite de susciter le commentaire
voyance gratuite serieuse rapide

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...